CJW Sports Medicine
HCA Virginia Health Systems
- Standing an arm's length from a wall, face it and place both hands flat on it.
- Step the leg that is to be stretched further back than your other leg.
- Keep the back leg straight and dig your heel into the ground until you feel a stretch in the back of your leg and knee.
- For a deeper stretch, push your hips closer towards the wall.
- Remember to also keep your back straight and your hips square to the wall.
- Hold for 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat with opposite leg.
- For a variation in the stretch, follow the above directions but keep a slight bend in your leg.