CJW Sports Medicine
HCA Virginia Health Systems
IT Band Stretch
- Stand an arm's length from a wall, with your hand on the wall.
- Place the foot that is closest to the wall, behind and on the other side of the foot furthest from the wall.
- Lean towards the wall while pushing the hips in towards the wall with your hand.
- You should feel a stretch along the outside of the upper leg from the hip to the knee.
- Remember to keep your hips perpendicular to the wall.
- Hold for 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat with opposite leg.
- For a deeper stretch start further from the wall.