Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
7601 Forest Ave Suite 336
Richmond, VA 23229
Phone: (804) 289-4972
About Commonwealth Perinatal Services - Henrico Doctors' Hospital
For more than 20 years, our maternal-fetal medicine physicians and dedicated staff at Commonwealth Perinatal Services have been committed to caring for women with high-risk pregnancies in the Greater Richmond area. Part of the HCA Virginia Physicians network, we provide a range of prenatal services, in addition to perinatal consultations.
For patients who have high-risk health issues or may need more than routine care, our dedicated team is here. We will determine the appropriate treatment and work closely with your obstetrician throughout your pregnancy to provide comprehensive, compassionate perinatal care.
For more information about our perinatal services at Commonwealth Perinatal Services, call (804) 289-4972.
Advanced perinatal care in Richmond
Our dedicated team—including maternal-fetal medicine physicians, genetic counselors, nurses and ultrasonographers—is here to provide quality, compassionate care during your pregnancy. If you are at risk for certain pregnancy complications, your obstetrician will request a consultation prior to, or during, your pregnancy with one of our obstetrician gynecologists (OB/GYNs).
Services we offer
Our specialized physicians are experienced in diagnosing and treating women who are currently experiencing, or may experience, pregnancy complications. Our goal is to ensure you receive the extra care you deserve during your pregnancy.
Our services include:
- Gestational diabetes counseling—Gestational diabetes, diabetes that occurs during pregnancy, is one of the most common pregnancy complications. Our doctors work with mothers to treat and minimize symptoms of gestational diabetes.
- Perinatal consultations—During a perinatal consultation, perinatal specialists and OB/GYNs will evaluate the mother and the fetus. They will determine if there are factors that may indicate a high-risk pregnancy and will create a care plan.
- Preconception counseling—Similar to a perinatal consultation, during preconception counseling, doctors evaluate the likelihood of a mother having a high-risk pregnancy before pregnancy occurs. This helps women make informed decisions about childbirth.
- Prenatal testing—We offer sonographic screening and genetic testing to determine if the fetus is experiencing any birth defects, such as:
- Cleft lip
- Congenital birth defects
- Down syndrome (trisomy 21)
- Spina bifida
- Edwards' syndrome (trisomy 18)