Women's clinics in Central and Northern Virginia
At HCA Virginia Physicians, our dedicated gynecologists and obstetricians (OB/GYNs) are committed to providing high-quality services and treatments for women's health. They offer women's medical and surgical care in Greater Richmond, Fredericksburg, and the western Washington, DC, metro area in Loudoun County. Our goal is to provide you with high-quality services in a patient-centered environment, to ensure you are comfortable with your care and treatment plan.
To visit one of our OB/GYNs, schedule an appointment online.
Comprehensive women's care
With our women's care team, you'll benefit from years of experience, extensive training and daily practice in the procedures, techniques and treatments related to women's healthcare.
Our dedicated women's care team includes:
- Specialized surgeons
- Ultrasound technicians
Our women's health doctors are experienced in providing high-quality gynecologic care through a wide range of services. In addition to diagnosing and treating gynecologic conditions, our doctors use screening tools to help prevent disease and allow for early interventions.
These preventive care services include:
- Annual well-woman exams and pap smears
- Breast examinations
- Bone densitometry screening
- Evaluation of urinary incontinence
- Gynecologic wellness examinations
- Urine and blood pregnancy testing
Our women's care doctors offers breast exams, including digital mammography, to ensure breast health in women. Mammography is a diagnostic screening tool that uses X-rays to examine breast tissue. Each screening is performed by registered and licensed specialists, and all images are delivered by board-certified radiologists. Breast exams can lead to early detection of breast cancer and other health conditions.
The American Cancer Society suggests women 40 to 44 years old can start scheduling annual breast cancer screenings with mammograms, but should talk about the potential benefits and risks with their physician. Women who have a family history of breast or other cancers should consult with their physician about receiving mammograms at an earlier age.
A well-woman exam is a diagnostic tool that helps doctors determine your overall health and check for common women's health conditions. During this exam, doctors will conduct the following:
- Breast health exam—a visual breast examination and breast palpitation
- Pelvic exam—an internal and external examination of the female reproductive system
- Pap smear—a screening test for any abnormalities of the vagina
As a general rule, it is recommended women receive a well-woman exam each year.
Our physicians are dedicated to providing high-quality obstetrics care—focused specifically on childbirth.
We offer a wide range of services, such as:
- Labor and delivery facility tours
- Lactation consulting before and after childbirth
- Personalized birthing plans
- Prenatal care, including:
- Gestational diabetes counseling
- Perinatal and preconception counseling
- Prenatal testing